HEMA Smart App
Effective Date: June 1st 2020
Updated: June 18th 2020
“Personal Data” means information about you and/or your personal data.
“Smart Devices” refers to electronic devices produced or manufactured by hardware manufacturers, with human-machine interface and the ability to transmit data that connect wirelessly to a network, including: smart home appliances, smart wearable devices, smart air cleaning devices, etc.
“HEMA Smart App” refers to this mobile application which app provides end users remote control to Smart Devices and with the ability to connect to the IoT platform.
What Personal Data do we collect
In order to provide our services to you, we will ask you to provide necessary Personal Data If you do not provide your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with our services.
1. Information You Voluntarily Provide Us• Account or Profile Data: When you register an account with us, we may collect your name and contact details, such as your email address, phone number, user name, and login credentials. During your interaction with the HEMA Smart App, we may further collect your nickname, profile picture, telephone country code, language preference, degree day or time zone information into your account.
• Feedback: When using feedback and suggestion features in the HEMA Smart App, we will collect your email address, mobile phone number and your feedback content to address your problems and solve device failures on a timely basis.
2. Information We Collect Automatically• Device Information: When you interact with the HEMA Smart App, we automatically collect device information, such as the MAC address of your devices, IP address, wireless connection information, operating system type and version, application version number, push notification identifier, log files, and mobile network information.
• Usage Data: During your interaction with the HEMA Smart App, we automatically collect usage data relating to visits, clicks, downloads, messages sent/received, and other usage of our services.
• Log Information: When you use our HEMA Smart App, the system and exception log may be uploaded.
• Location Information: We may collect information about your real-time precise or non-precise geo-location when you use the HEMA Smart App.
3. Smart Devices Related Information:• Basic Information of Smart Devices: When you connect your Smart Devices with the HEMA Smart App, we may collect basic information about your Smart Devices such as device name, device ID, online status, activation time, firmware version, and upgrade information.
• Information Reported by Smart Devices: Depending on the different Smart Devices you elect to connect with the HEMA Smart App, we may collect different information reported by your Smart Devices. For example, the light power on/off status.
Purposes and legal basis for processing Personal Data
The purpose for which we may process information about you are as follows:
• Marketing Communication: We may process your Personal Data to provide marketing and promotional materials to you on our Smart Devices, HEMA Smart App and/or any other products. If we do so, each communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to opt-out of receiving future communications of that nature. The legal basis for this processing is your consent. Additionally, if you consent to participate in any lottery, contest or other promotions, we may use your Personal Data to manage such activities.
• Personalization: We may process your account and profile data, usage data, device information to personalize product design and to provide you with services tailored for you, such as recommending and displaying information and advertisements regarding products suited to you, and to invite you to participate in surveys relating to your use of our products and/or the HEMA Smart App. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
• Legal Compliance: We may process your Personal Data as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations, business and systems; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
HEMA and third partiesHEMA engages third parties during the performance of its services. Personal Data will only be made available to third parties if this is necessary for the third party’s performance of the relevant work. HEMA provides Personal Data to the following parties:
• To our third-party service providers who perform certain business-related functions for us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer support service, e-mail delivery services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services to us.
• To other third parties who provide you, directly or indirectly, with your Smart Devices, and/or networks and systems through which you access and use the HEMA Smart App.
• As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable laws and regulations; (b) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations, business and systems; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of other users, including you; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
• To our subsidiaries to carry out regular business activities.
• Except for the third parties described above, to third parties only with your consent.
Your Rights Relating to Your Personal DataWe respect your rights and control over your Personal Data. You may exercise any of the following rights:
• Request access to the Personal Data that we process about you;
• Request that we correct inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data about you;
• Request deletion of Personal Data about you;
• Request restrictions, temporarily or permanently, on our processing of some or all Personal Data about you;
• Request transfer of Personal Data to you or a third party where we process the data based on your consent, and where our processing is automated; and
• Opt-out or object to our use of Personal Data about you where our use is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
all via the “Profile – Personal Center” in our HEMA Smart App
If you decide to email us, in your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data deleted from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request, for security purposes.
SecurityWe use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data. HEMA provides various security strategies to effectively ensure data security of user and device. As for device access, HEMA proprietary algorithms are employed to ensure data isolation, access authentication, applying for authorization. As for data communication, communication using security algorithms and transmission encryption protocols and commercial level information encryption transmission based on dynamic keys are supported. As for data processing, strict data filtering and validation and complete data audit are applied. As for data storage, all confidential information of users will be safely encrypted for storage. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you could immediately notify us of the problem by emailing HEMA customer service. Where we have given you a password which enables you to access the Product, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and you should not share this password with anyone.
PO Box 37110
1030 AC Amsterdam
or via: www.hema.nl/klantenservice or via email: email@example.com